Tuesday, January 13, 2009

January 12, 2009 - FIRST COMMUNICATIONS (FC DEGREE)

We held our first communications for the new year, a Fellow Craft degree for two fine young Brothers. I had not sat in the East for a FC degree in quite some time and I was a little apprehensive about forgetting something. Nonetheless, we opened and closed Lodge perfectly and overall the degree went off fairly well. We still have a couple of rough edges to work on but I was pretty proud of my junior officers for the first time out and told them so.

If you know me, you know I like to kid around, but I take the degree work rather seriously and want to give the candidates the best we have to offer. Years ago, our Lodge was well known as a model of efficiency in its floor work. I am slowly trying to get us back to our old form and I think we are headed in the right decision.

Interestingly, we had over 30 Brothers in attendance for the degree with one first time visitor and a handful of return visitors. I believe we made everyone feel welcome and put on a good show for them. This is important as I want the word to spread that Dunedin's hospitality and camaraderie results in return visitors and higher attendance.

For pictures from the degree, please see the "News" section of our web site.

Until next time.

All the Best,
Tim Bryce, PM, MPS, MMBBFMN
timb001@phmainstreet.com
Dunedin Lodge No. 192 F.& A.M.
http:/www.dunedin192.org/
Dunedin, FL, USA
"For the Good of the Order"

No comments:

Post a Comment