Tuesday, September 1, 2009

August 31, 2009 - EA DEGREE

On Monday, the 31st, we held an EA degree at the Lodge. For details, click
HERE.

All in all, it was a good degree and we had ample people in attendance, but not to the degree I had hoped for. I guess we are still experiencing the effects of summer vacation and "snowbird" Brothers who live up north.

More than anything though, what disturbed me was the lack of music in the Lodge room. Our organist is away up north and his position sits empty, which means meetings are quiet and lack pizzazz. I really believe a good organist is worth his weight in gold. In the absence of a good musician, I recommend playing music either by tape, CD, or MP3. Actually, I prefer the latter as you can better control what is played, how and when. For example, I love to play the theme to the TV game show "Jeopardy" when Brothers are balloting. I find it livens things up a bit.

Stay tuned!
Until next time.
All the Best,
Tim Bryce, PM, MPS, MMBBFMN
timb001@phmainstreet.com
Dunedin Lodge No. 192 F.& A.M.
http:/www.dunedin192.org/
Dunedin, FL, USA
"For the Good of the Order"

No comments:

Post a Comment