Tuesday, June 9, 2009

June 9, 2009 - HONORS

Last night (Monday), we held our last communications before going dark for the summer, a Fellow Craft degree. All went off smoothly and, as usual, everyone had a good time. Our Senior Warden sat in the East for the degree and did a fine job. However, I could tell it is time for the summer break as everyone is itching for it, as am I.

On another subject, over the weekend I was notified that I received a Masonic award from a research group in New Jersey, to wit:

I'm pleased to announce that our "Council of Infinite Wisdom", at its last meeting passed a resolution honoring our contributor Bro Tim Bryce.....

For those of you who do not know Bro Tim has carved a national nitch for himself and Masonry by posting his weekly summary of Masonic happenings.

How he does it is a mystery, but the results of his efforts in finding and reporting Masonic news, deserves recognition.

In the 20 odd year history of the Internet and the Internets' contribution to our society, Tims' work in finding & relaying Masonic happenings stands above and beyond the usual email messaging.

He is one of the few who has realized how to use this media to further the Masonic knowledge of his brothers, AND takes the time and effort to make it happen .

Masonic Brothers it very fortunate to have Tim as a member and received his communications.

For this we are grateful.

In 2003, I was elected a member of the Masonic Brotherhood of the Blue Forget-Me-Not (for my efforts in Masonic Education) and in 2005 I was elected a Knight Zuri (the word Zuri being Swahili for good and beautiful) from the Knights Of Freemasonry Universal (again for Masonic Education). In all of these awards, including New Jersey, they came as total surprise to me as you cannot solicit the organizations for the award. Instead, you have to be nominated by someone from within the group and unbeknown to the recipient, which, to me, makes these awards even more special as it means someone notices your work from afar.

As with the other two awards, I will honor the award and thank the Brothers for the courtesy. It's nice to know your efforts do not go unnoticed.

NOTE: This will be my last posting for a couple of weeks as I'm getting ready to take my summer sabbatical. Not to worry, though, "I'll be back."

Until next time.

All the Best,
Tim Bryce, PM, MPS, MMBBFMN
timb001@phmainstreet.com
Dunedin Lodge No. 192 F.& A.M.
http:/www.dunedin192.org/
Dunedin, FL, USA
"For the Good of the Order"

No comments:

Post a Comment