Friday, April 17, 2009

April 15, 2009 - GL LEGISLATION

I went to Lodge Wednesday night, as I usually do, to process paperwork. While there, I reviewed the proposed legislation to voted upon at our upcoming Grand Communications in May. A booklet with the legislation is first sent to each Lodge for the officers to review. This is followed by a formal review on a Zone level (multiple districts attending), before it is brought before the Craft for review in Lodge, and finally to be voted upon at our Grand Communications.

In our jurisdiction, any Florida Mason can submit legislation for consideration, including the Grand Lodge officers. As I flipped through the legislation I came to the realization that there was nothing Earth-shattering contained in this year's edition, which is unfortunate as our grand jurisdiction continues to shrink at a rate of 1,200 members per year, and our financial resources are slowly being depleted. I would have thought there would be something, anything, in the legislation to address all this but, alas, there was nothing. As far as I am concerned, the legislation being presented is nothing more than what I call, "Re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic." Instead of fixing the hole in the ship or getting everyone into life boats, we're busy trying to make things look better than they really are. This concept alone troubles me greatly and puts the future of the fraternity at risk. I simply do not understand why people want to ignore the obvious and turn their attention to trivialities instead. Someone explain this to me please.

Until next time.

All the Best,
Tim Bryce, PM, MPS, MMBBFMN
timb001@phmainstreet.com
Dunedin Lodge No. 192 F.& A.M.
http:/www.dunedin192.org/
Dunedin, FL, USA
"For the Good of the Order"

No comments:

Post a Comment