Also this month, I familiarize myself again with voting procedures for Lodge elections. Fortunately, I took some good notes last time. The biggest headache here is what to do if an election is close between two or more candidates. In our case, we take the top two vote-getters and have a run-off election between the two.
Other than the above, I have six things left to do:
1. Festivus - our year-end party which we are holding this evening. A great way to begin to wind down the year.
2. Past Masters Degree - normally this is a MM degree, but because we didn't have anyone ready, we're doing an EA degree instead. And since this will be held on Pearl Harbor Day, we're wearing Hawaiian shirts for the occasion.
3. Palm Harbor Holiday Parade - whereby we are joining our Brothers at Sutherland 174 and East Gate 355 in a Christmas parade. In the parade, we wear comfortable clothes and distribute beads. It's a fun time in a festive venue.
4. Retrieve the Traveling Gavel from Tampa Bay Lodge No. 252 (bring it back home to Dunedin).
5. Hold our last Stated Communications of the year - where I will report on the state of the Lodge, finalize last minute business, and hold Lodge elections.
6. Participate in the Installation of Officers ceremony for the new year. Basically, out with the old and in with the new.
Until next time.
All the Best,
Tim Bryce, PM, MPS, MMBBFMN
Dunedin Lodge No. 192 F.& A.M.
Dunedin, FL, USA
"For the Good of the Order"