Tuesday, March 24, 2009

March 23, 2009 - MARCH FESTIVE BOARD

On Monday we held our third "Festive Board" off-site at a restaurant. I've talked about the purpose of these meetings in the past and they appear to be picking up momentum. The Secretary from our Lodge was the after-dinner speaker who spoke on "Famous Masons." Interestingly, he used a game-show format to encourage audience participation which appeared to work quite well. In a nutshell, he did a great job with the presentation and we'll be holding more "Festive Boards" in the months ahead.

As has become customary, I took photos of the event and posted it on our Lodge's web site. Following this, I broadcast the news clipping to the Craft which appears to be welcomed by the Craft, particularly those Brothers who live far away and cannot attend Lodge regularly. To illustrate, one Brother e-mailed me this message:

You have no idea how much I value your emails, it makes me feel I'm in my Dunedin Lodge, even though I am 300 miles away from it.

This tells me a regular diet of Masonic News to the Craft from the Lodge is welcomed and is conducive for supporting the Lodge. In other words, it tells the Craft we are active and stimulates their interest to attend or send a donation.

Until next time.


All the Best,
Tim Bryce, PM, MPS, MMBBFMN
timb001@phmainstreet.com
Dunedin Lodge No. 192 F.& A.M.
http:/www.dunedin192.org/
Dunedin, FL, USA
"For the Good of the Order"

No comments:

Post a Comment